Welcome! We are excited you have chosen to learn more about the work we do at The Center for Youth and Family Solutions! Our five program areas all focus on serving children and families who have experienced life changing trauma, abuse and neglect, or other significant life challenges.
Our goal is not only to help each child and adult learn to cope with those life storms, but also to help them achieve their fullest potential. There is nothing better for our communities than having them filled with strong families who are fully able to contribute to making them a vibrant place to live and grow.
Our programs are some of the most effective in the state of Illinois in achieving desired results:
- Child welfare – supporting 1300 children a year in foster care.
- Adoption – understanding both the needs of families seeking to adopt and the needs of children requiring forever families.
- Youth Services – offering 24/7 response to runaways and effective interventions with at-risk youth in the community.
- Behavioral health counseling– providing counseling for both children and adults – including in-home mental health services for seniors facing depression, grief and loss issues.
- Guardian Angel residential home – housing 16 boys between the ages of 6-18. These boys have been the victims of severe abuse, neglect and abandonment. Each one needs special trauma interventions and structured services to help with coping and healing skills.
Get Involved with CYFS
We invite you to explore our website and learn more about our powerful programs and services for children and families.
Most importantly, know we are here to ensure that everyone, regardless of life’s storms, has the ability to reach his or her full potential. We assist in making that happen by helping to make families strong, children safe, and communities thrive.