Our Commitment to All People
At The Center for Youth and Family Solutions we celebrate the inherent value in diversity and serve all, regardless of age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, ability or religion. This in essence, is the foundation of our mission.
The Center for Youth and Family Solutions Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement
The Center for Youth and Family Solutions is committed to nurturing and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. Our mission calls us to embrace and respect individual differences and unique life experiences, including but not limited to age, race, sex, culture, ethnicity, citizenship status, religion, ability, economic level, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. We encourage all at CYFS to lend their voice, commitment, and intentional focus to ensure that we provide an environment of equity and inclusion for all and that we are committed to listening, admitting our shortcomings, learning and celebrating our successes together.
Our vision at The Center for Youth and Family Solutions (CYFS), includes being an organization which recognizes and appreciates the importance of providing a welcoming environment that encourages and accepts a free exchange of ideas and perspectives, where everyone has a chance to succeed and positively impact one another. These values are visible in our interactions both with each other and with those we serve. Understanding that our individual social, economic and cultural identities influence our experiences and perspectives, we communicate with each other with a spirit of cultural humility, focusing on individual strengths and our CYFS Mission and Values.
- Affirm all people by exhibiting cultural competence and responsiveness in all interactions – leading with compassion and in the spirit of cultural humility in all we do.
- Champion equity, diversity, and inclusion as it is inherently connected to our mission, and critical to ensuring the well-being of our staff and the communities we serve.
- Create and maintain physically welcoming, trauma-informed, inclusive work environments, which reflect the diverse populations we serve.
- Expand diversity in those we hire, those in leadership, our volunteers, foster families, and our boards.
- Consistently follow a nondiscriminatory approach to hiring and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all of our departments, programs, and worksites
- Develop and implement on-going equity, diversity and inclusion training and professional development opportunities for all staff and demonstrate commitment to such ongoing learning and growth.
- Review, revise and establish policies and procedures which positively impact equity, diversity, and inclusion and transparently keep our workforce informed of these policy changes.
- Examine our practice and outcomes from an equity lens, explore underlying assumptions which interfere with inclusiveness, and engage in continuous learning and ongoing improvement.
- Identify disparities in access to services that impact those we serve and advocate for lasting change.
- Collaborate and partner with other organizations who share our commitment to social justice and our goals for equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The Center for Youth and Family Solutions Non-Discrimination Policy
The Center for Youth and Family Solutions does not deny services to anyone based on age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, ability, or religion.