All of our professional staff hold bachelor’s or master’s degrees in a human service field and have extensive experience. Designated staff are certified through the University of Illinois Geriatric Certification Program.
- Ruth Urbanc, MA, Program Coordinator, Geriatric Certification, 31 years experience
- Patricia Smalley, MA, LCPC, Counselor, Geriatric Certification, 13 years experience
- Karen Cordes, MS, LCPC, Counselor, 27 years experience
- Megan Smith, BSW, Counselor, 3 years experience
- Angie Wilson, BSW, Counselor, 26 years experience
The program also offers internships to students majoring in Social Work, a geriatric field or other related human service fields. Students from OSF College of Nursing also participate in the Friendly Visitor program along with trained community volunteers.