COVID-19 RELATED IMMEDIATE VOLUNTEER NEEDS
Help Us Procure Items for Foster Kids’ Birthday Bash
In order to help our kids in foster care have some “sunshine” on their birthdays during the pandemic, we are collecting items that we can add to our social distancing approved Birthday Bashes. Consider donating any of the following items to the closest CYFS location to you! Click here for our locations.
- Sidewalk chalk
- Yard sign materials for birthdays and graduation
- Board games
- Movies or RedBox gift certificates
- Markers, coloring books, other art supplies
- Friendship bracelet kit, slime making supplies, other craft activities
- Stuffed animals
- Hoola hoops, basketballs, baseballs, soccer balls, other outdoor sports equipment
- Jewelry making kits
- Gift cards for amazon ( older kids birthday or graduation)
- Movie night gift baskets with movie cards, popcorn, treats, and a pizza gift card
- Local ice cream shop gift certificates
- Local pizza gift certificates
- Dollar tree gift cards
- Flower shop gift cards to buy flowers for older kids’ birthday or graduations
- Tea party items
- Action Figures and superheroes items
- Nail polish and home mani/pedi sets
- Balls to play catch with
- Gift cards to local bakeries so we could get cookies or cupcakes for birthday treats
Help Make Fabric Masks
We have an IMMEDIATE need that you and your family could potentially help us with. We need fabric masks sized for children. With the current shortage, we are asking volunteers to make fabric masks and drop them off at our locations throughout central Illinois.
Your safety while dropping off masks is most important to us. Our offices are currently closed to the public, but once you are ready to drop off, simply go to the closest location, where there will be a phone number to call, to alert our staff you have some masks to be dropped off. We also would be happy to reimburse you for the purchased materials.
Here is a link to our office locations:
Other Items Needed!
Diapers, Baby Wipes and Formula
Volunteers at The Center for Youth and Family Solutions make a difference every day in the lives of children, seniors, and families. Our volunteers have a true spirit of generosity and bring hope to those in need. Whether teaching a child to read or visiting a lonely senior, our volunteers are an essential part of the work we do. Volunteering is a way to share your gifts, gain experience, meet new friends, and give back to your community.
COVID-19 Alert: Until the COVID-19 Crisis safely resolved, direct contact with clients or with the public will not be possible. We do however, have other needs (pick up food baskets at food banks, pickup other needed supplies for families, make donations of books or magazines for kids and seniors. If interested in any type of volunteer opportunities like these, please complete the Volunteer Interest Form below.