“Is adoption a good option for me? What are the differences between an open adoption and a closed adoption?”
If you are thinking adoption may be the best plan for you and your child, our pregnancy planning counselors will work with you to consider what is important to your adoption planning.
We Can Help YOU
- Learn about how adoptions work today. Our philosophy is that open relationships between the baby’s birth parents and adoptive parents can be healthy and in the best interest of the child. We will help you learn about how open adoption may work for you and your baby.
- Consider what is important to you in choosing adoptive parents. Listening to what your hopes are for your child, we will help find potential adoptive parents who fit your needs. The decision is yours, but we will walk with you as you prepare your adoption plan.
- Meet and develop a relationship with your child’s prospective adoptive parents. This includes establishing the relationship before the baby is born and maintaining the relationship throughout your baby’s life.
- Understand the legalities and time frames important to adoption.
- Understand your rights and the rights of your child’s birth father.
- Plan for your hospital experience.
- Understand the grief process as it relates to making an adoption plan.
Remember, the choice of an open or closed adoption is yours. If you are not ready for a completely open adoption, our counselors will help you make a plan that will be child centered and meet your needs as well.
To learn more about how our pregnancy planning counselors can help, visit our home page. You can also call our after-hours Adoption Counseling Center at (800) 852-4294, or contact an adoption specialist.