The Foster Caregiver Advisory Boards provide a way for foster caregivers to work side-by-side with our agency’s foster care leadership team. To impact foster care services in each of our CYFS communities, CYFS Foster Caregiver Advisory Boards are active in the following communities:
- Rock Island
Each Foster Care Advisory Board is as unique as its local community. Some hold meetings monthly, while other meet quarterly. These meetings allow foster caregivers a way to join together to do the following:
- Address foster caregiver needs such as trainings or identifying local resources
- Improve foster care services
- Consider ways to strengthen their local foster care experience
- Assist in the development and delivery of the Foster Care Implementation Plan
- Work together and support each other
- Recruit and support new foster parents
- Work with their local foster care staff on maintain positive relationships.
View all upcoming Foster Caregiver Advisory Board meetings on our Events Calendar.