Requirements and Qualities of Adoptive Parents
To be considered for The Center for Youth & Family Solutions Program applicants are required to:
- Be either a single person or a couple who have been together for at least one year.
- Possess adequate support from family, friends and the community regarding their decision to adopt.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and core values of The Center for Youth & Family Solutions.
- Be a stable, law abiding, responsible, mature individual(s), be at least 21 years of age, and be capable of passing a child abuse/neglect and criminal background check.
- Provide the names of family and unrelated individuals to attest to the applicant’s character. This may also include a priest, minister or other religious leader.
- Provide sufficient resources to provided basic necessities for themselves and the children to be adopted.
- Have an understanding of their own sense of personal history and how that helped form their values and beliefs about racial, cultural and religious similarities and differences.
- Be committed to and capable of serving as a link between the child and their genetic family, regardless of differences.
- Be in good physical health and agree to have this verified by a physical examination as part of the homestudy process.
Please note applicant(s) who previously worked with another agency must be willing to sign a Release of Information.